Fun Fact—Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12, however Birth Mother’s Day is the day before, Saturday, May 11.
This year, we’ve teamed up with Blessings in a Basket for the first time to create a sweet care package specifically designed for birth mothers. Why? Because we want birth moms to be honored and encouraged on this holiday. And we thought a few goodies would be a loving way to care.
- How much are the care packages? $29.50 (that includes shipping)
- Who can buy one? Anyone! You can buy one for yourself. You can buy one for your friend. You can buy one for your child’s birth mom if you know her address. We simply need you to provide a name and mailing address, and we’ll handle all the rest.
- What if I don’t know a birth mom or her address? No worries. You can sponsor a Birth Mother’s Day Care Package. Between BIB and BraveLove, we will make sure a care package gets in the hands of a birth mom we know.
- What’s included in the care package? A BraveLove t-shirt, picture frame, coffee tumbler, custom designed necklace, journal and a few other surprises. The value of the package is worth around $65.
- Where does the money go? Most of the items in the care package were donated or discounted. $1 per order will go to UPS for shipping. The remaining $28.50 will be evenly split and donated to both Blessings in a Basket AND BraveLove as a charitable gift. To learn more about Blessings in a Basket, visit their website.
- What and who is Blessings in a Basket? BIB is a 501(c)(3) Non Profit Organization set up to create a community of birth moms, or Big Tough Girls, nationwide. Their mission is to make sure that the birth moms are honored and respected and supported. BIB was founded in 2010 by a birth mom, mother, and adoption supporter Ashely Mitchell. She is surrounded by an incredible Board of Directors and BTG Team that have huge hearts for adoption and for their birth moms. You can read Ashley’s story right here.
- So what’s the difference between BIB and BraveLove? BIB is an organization focused on supporting birth mothers. BIB works directly with birth moms. Whereas BraveLove is a movement to change the perception of adoption through awareness and education. BraveLove hopes to be a platform of adoption stories, a hub of reliable adoption information, and a voice for birth mothers. Both groups believe adoption can be a beautiful thing and want to encourage a culture that’s more supportive of birth moms before, during and after placement. That’s why we’ve partnered this Mother’s Day to celebrate the heroic mothers among us!
- I’m ready to buy a care package. Where do I go? Unfortunately, our shop is no longer open. Sorry! The deadline was May 2 in order to guarantee delivery on Birth Mother’s Day.