Did you know that Birth Mother’s Day actually exists! It’s Saturday, May 10. (Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 11.) This year, we’ve teamed up with Blessings in a Basket for the second year in a row to create a sweet care package specifically designed for birth mothers. Why? Because we want birth moms to be honored and encouraged on this holiday. And we thought a few fun goodies might brighten one’s day.
Are you a birth mom? Do you know a birth mom? Do you want to sponsor a birth mom? You can have one of these gifts shipped directly to a birth mom just in time for Birth Mother’s Day.
Read these tips:
- If you’re sponsoring a care package, select “Not sure” under t-shirt size.
- If you want to personalize a note to the birth mom, write that under “Order Notes” during checkout and we’ll enclose that text. If you do not want to personalize, then we’ll include a standard note from BIB & BraveLove.
- If you’re sponsoring a package or do NOT know the birth mom’s mailing address, please select “Sponsor this gift” during checkout. Then under “Order Notes,” mention that you’re sponsoring or that you don’t know her address. (You will enter your own shipping and billing info, and then we will make the changes from our sponsor lists.)
- Shipping fees are already included in the total cost of the package.
- If you’re ready to purchase, start shopping here.
How much are the care packages? Depends on when you place your order. The cost goes up the closer we get to Birth Mother’s Day.
$29.99 : Early Bird Special (order before April 6)
$39.99 : Standard (order placed between April 6 – 27)
$49.99 : Last Call (order placed between April 28 – May 5)
- How can we pay? By credit card or Paypal.
- When will the online store be open? It’s already open. Start shopping now!
- When will the online store close? May 5 is the last day we’re taking orders.
- Who can buy a care package? Anyone! You can purchase one for yourself, you can sponsor one OR purchase for a specific birth mom you know.
- What if I want to buy multiple care packages for different birth moms? Awesome. Here’s the trick. You’ll have to run these as separate transactions since they’re being shipped to different addresses. However, if you’re sponsoring multiple packages you can run it as one transaction. So if you’re sponsoring, simply select the total number and then click “Add to cart”. Make sense?
- Do I need to ship anything myself? No. We will handle the shipping for all care packages. We will fulfill your order and ship the package directly to a birth mom. But if for some reason, you want to hand deliver the care package, include that under “Order Notes” and fill in your shipping address.
- What if I don’t know a birth mom? No worries. You can still sponsor a Birth Mother’s Day Care Package. Between BIB and BraveLove, we will make sure a care package gets in the hands of a birth mom we know. We’ll even include a personalized note.
- What if I know a birth mom but I don’t know her mailing address? We understand that some of you don’t know a birth mom’s mailing address or even her last name. We recommend you contact your adoption agency, and ask them how they’d like to help get this package in your birth mom’s hands in time.
- What’s included in the care package? A drink tumbler, some cute red sunglasses to sport this spring and summer, custom designed necklace, a BIB t-shirt and journal plus a few other surprises. We’ll also include a bit of info about BIB and BraveLove so if the birth mom wants to learn more or get involved, she can easily do that. The value of the package is worth about $65.
- Can I customize anything in the care package? Just the t-shirt size. Other than that, the package is pretty standard. That’s why we encourage you to tell us what you want the enclosed note to say so it can be a little bit more personalized. You’ll write that under “Order Notes” during checkout.
- So if I sponsor a package, can I find out who it was sent to? Absolutely! We’d love to share her first name with you. Give us through the end of May and we’ll let you know who received your care package.
- Where does the money go? Some of the items in the care package were donated or discounted. Others were purchased. The total amount of the package includes the cost of the goods and shipping. Note: BIB and BraveLove aren’t in this to make a profit. If there are any dollars left over, they will be evenly split between Blessings in a Basket & BraveLove and will be noted as an anonymous charitable gift.
- What if I want to just donate to one or both of the organizations? We welcome your contributions! We wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for generous individuals like you who believe in our respective missions. To give to BraveLove, go to visit BraveLove.org/donate. To give to BIB, go here.
- What and who is Blessings in a Basket? BIB is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization set up to create a community of birth moms, or Big Tough Girls, nationwide. Their mission is to make sure that the birth moms are honored, respected and supported. BIB was founded in 2010 by a birth mom, mother, and adoption supporter Ashley Mitchell. She is surrounded by an incredible Board of Directors and team that have huge hearts for adoption and for their birth moms.
- And what’s BraveLove all about? BraveLove is also a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on raising awareness that adoption is a loving option for those facing an unplanned pregnancy. Read more about us here.
- So what’s the difference between BIB and BraveLove? BIB is an organization focused on supporting birth mothers. BIB works directly with birth moms. Whereas BraveLove is a movement to change the perception of adoption through awareness and education. Both groups believe adoption can be a beautiful thing and want to encourage a culture that’s supportive of birth moms before, during and after placement. That’s why we’ve partnered this Mother’s Day to celebrate the heroic mothers among us!
- I’m ready to buy a care package. Where do I go? Right here.