Have a question that’s not listed? Ask us.
BraveLove is a movement dedicated to changing the perception of adoption and aims to increase (domestic infant) adoption.
BraveLove’s mission is to change the perception of adoption through honest, informative, and hopeful communication that conveys the heroism and bravery a birth mother displays when she places her child with a loving family for adoption.
Our strategy to change perceptions is to create, curate and distribute multichannel media content and messaging. In other words, we get inundated with brave adoption stories so we make it our job to make sure the world knows what adoption is today.
BraveLove was founded in 2012 by an adoptive mom. The idea was to show how adoption can be a loving option for women faced with an unplanned pregnancy. Its mission and vision evolved, and here we are today – working hard to become an online platform for reliable adoption information. (Read more about us here.)
The best way to get involved with BraveLove is to become an Ambassador, which means you're a monthly recurring donor that supports the ongoing work we do to promote adoption through media. Other ways to get involved include sharing your creative skills, endorsing BraveLove, volunteering with our partners and connecting them to our adoption resources. Plus, social sharing – it goes a long way. Here's a little more information on each of these opportunities.
- Become an Ambassador - When you donate to BraveLove monthly, we consider you an Ambassador. Once you become an Ambassador, you'll have exclusive access to the organization, like behind-the-scenes footage of our new projects, discounts on swag, and even gain practical examples of how to spread our message within your own spheres of influence - both online & offline. We will equip you with ways to communicate this message to your family, friends and community.
- Share Your Creative Skills - We're always looking for creatives like graphic designers, photographers, videographers, writers, bloggers etc. If you're in the marketing and advertising world, we'd love your help and connections to extend our message to the greater public.
- Exposure & Endorsements - Use your voice and influence to represent and promote BraveLove where you are - like running in a race for BraveLove, or on your platform (blog, TV, stage, radio). Perhaps in your place of business (corporate sponsorship, featured charity). We'll provide you with a BraveLove Kit so you're equipped with the knowledge and outfitted with the swag to confidently endorse BraveLove.
- Connect with our Partners - Looking for more consistent volunteer opportunities? We'll put you in touch with the needs of our partners (pregnancy centers, health clinics, adoption agencies). Better yet, contact your local pregnancy center, adoption agency, health clinic, church, doctors office, school and introduce them to the mission of BraveLove.
- Social Sharing - Some of our most loyal volunteers are those who faithfully engage with us on social media, read our emails, and stay up to date with the latest stories. When you share this information with your friends and followers, you are helping spread the message in a powerful way.
We share stories that convey the bravery of birth moms and the love surrounding adoption. We write, edit, research, curate and distribute media content and messaging on an ongoing basis. We build relationships with partner organizations – like adoption agencies, pregnancy centers, health clinics, adoption support groups, etc. From time to time, we’re at conferences or outreach events. But primarily, we’re a media advocacy organization that’s trying to advocate that adoption is a loving option for those in unplanned pregnancies.
BraveLove is not an adoption agency, but a media advocacy organization that aims to change the perception of adoption. We love partnering with those who support our mission. Therefore, if you’re an adoption agency interested in being featured as a BraveLove resource, find out how to become a partner. If you’re a professional looking for adoption resources, look here.
BraveLove is pro-adoption. Whether pro-life or pro-choice, we support a woman choosing to place her baby with a loving family through adoption.
Yes. Bravelove, Inc. is organized as a non-profit corporation in the State of Texas. BraveLove has received its tax-exempt status with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization.
Send it to us here! We’re interested in all kinds of stories about (domestic infant) adoption. We’ve all been touched by adoption in some way, shape or form. Whether you’re a birth parent, adoptee, adoptive parent, friend, teacher, pastor, grandparent, sibling, you have your own perspective on adoption, and it’s powerful and relatable to hear the different perspectives. The purpose of BraveLove’s platform is to encourage stories of bravery. Maybe your story is in the form of a letter, video, narrative or poem - that’s great! We welcome the creativity. Submit your story; we promise we read them all. Keep in mind, we do have some criteria, which we’ve listed below.
- No agency/organization-promotion (i.e. fine to mention organizations, but please avoid logos)
- No self-promotion (i.e. “We’re a family looking to adopt a baby.”)
- Content upholds the idea that adoption can be a beautiful thing & birth mothers are heroes
- No foul or offensive language, no graphic images
- Must guarantee that information is honest and truthful (We’ll have you sign a release form to authorize this.)
- Answer this question: What’s your intent in posting your adoption story on BraveLove.org?
Ambassadors are recurring monthly donors who financially support the organization’s mission in hopes to make a lasting and sustainable impact.
Ambassadors have a unique opportunity to give financially plus help us spread our message within their own spheres of influence. How? BraveLove’s strategy is to influence the public knowledge and perception of adoption through the creation, curation and distribution of multichannel media content and messaging. Ambassadors help us share and distribute our message in their own creative ways – maybe it’s simply wearing our t-shirt to the gym or drinking from a BraveLove coffee mug at work. Or running a race in honor of BraveLove. Or telling someone it’s better to say “place for adoption” than “give up.” Those are all different ways to be an Ambassador. Want to become an Ambassador? Here’s how.